Colorado

HI all,
just a comment about the HOAs. As I've posted before I live in Mountain Shadows and have been in discussion with my Hoa and my chickens. They wrote us and said they do not approve, but haven't done anything since. We are trying to keep it quiet and make sure our area is super clean. So far so good.
About 2 months ago my hubby started looking for land and wanted to move. We checked out Falcon Estates which is between Academy and Union, but north of Woodmen Road (East of the Sam's Club) anyway... we are seriously thinking about buying and I went to talk to several of the neighbors and they told me no chickens. I called the Pres of their voluntary HOA and he said yes it was in the 1968 covenants. I was shocked! A whole neighborhood of 1 and 2.5 acre lots where horses are ok, but no chickens. I feel like this town is anti-chickens even though it is in the city ordinances!
Anyway.. the board is voting tonight about whether to change the covenants. Apparently there are several families who would like chickens and have expressed interest. We are waiting to hear!

HI all,
just a comment about the HOAs. As I've posted before I live in Mountain Shadows and have been in discussion with my Hoa and my chickens. They wrote us and said they do not approve, but haven't done anything since. We are trying to keep it quiet and make sure our area is super clean. So far so good.
About 2 months ago my hubby started looking for land and wanted to move. We checked out Falcon Estates which is between Academy and Union, but north of Woodmen Road (East of the Sam's Club) anyway... we are seriously thinking about buying and I went to talk to several of the neighbors and they told me no chickens. I called the Pres of their voluntary HOA and he said yes it was in the 1968 covenants. I was shocked! A whole neighborhood of 1 and 2.5 acre lots where horses are ok, but no chickens. I feel like this town is anti-chickens even though it is in the city ordinances!
Anyway.. the board is voting tonight about whether to change the covenants. Apparently there are several families who would like chickens and have expressed interest. We are waiting to hear!

I hope that all goes well and that the vote is in favor of poultry...
cool.png

I've threatened my kids occasionally that I may just eat them.........
somad.gif

I think all the cockerels were crowing this morning at 5 AM. I was getting ready for work and it was LOUD! Good thing my nearest neighbor is several hundred yards away...

Good morning Colorado!
Anyone out there have a Narragansett hen they would like to sell, or possibly trade for a Narragansett tom? He's about 2 years old and a very gentle bird. I'm looking for a hen about a year old as a mate for my other tom.

Back
Top Bottom