Columbian Rock Thread!!!!

Pics
i have all of Dick's columbian rocks as he moved on from breeding them. here is my breeding pen. I have also have two other males i rotate through.

Last edited:
What is the difference in which base they are I have a range of colours in my chicks some are light gray on the back to a black but all have yellow underside

What is the difference in which base they are I have a range of colours in my chicks some are light gray on the back to a black but all have yellow underside
dreamofglory

I too have Dicks birds....they are ALL eb based (partridge brown)....that is what creates the dark undercolor

Some columbian patterns are on EWh (wheaten) and those hatch clean yellow....most will not have black saddles as adults, like the Lt Sussex

Hope that helps

dreamofglory

I too have Dicks birds....they are ALL eb based (partridge brown)....that is what creates the dark undercolor

Some columbian patterns are on EWh (wheaten) and those hatch clean yellow....most will not have black saddles as adults, like the Lt Sussex

Hope that helps
thanks Scott I have noticed a lot of columbian rocks out there that don't have the proper lacing in hackle and tail. Would the Sussex gene be the factor in that? I guess light under colour also?

So give me a "cull"wheaten cockerel so can put yellow legs on my female Colombian sexlink breeders. Brown eb muddies the down color. Yes sir perfect in every way except wheaten
I'm not breeding SOP birds (yet)

So give me a "cull"wheaten cockerel so can put yellow legs on my female Colombian sexlink breeders. Brown eb muddies the down color. Yes sir perfect in every way except wheaten
I'm not breeding SOP birds (yet)
If you are trying to get yellow leg color, a true Rock, should help you get there. My birds are all eb based and have great yellow legs

Back
Top Bottom