Comb wound that looks infected

Ayu

Chirping
Oct 11, 2020
Western Washington
I was looking at pickels one of my silkies and I noticed a wound on his comb that looked like it possibly could be infected. When I was moving it around looking at it liquid shot out of it and it seemed to go down a bit . Should I put him on antibiotics? I put some Vetericyn plus on it and drained it a bit , the underside looks to have liquid in it still. I'm going to bring him inside in a bit to wash it better. Thanks

Attachments

• 20211230_121956.jpg
    20211230_121956.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211230_120951.jpg
    20211230_120951.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 4
Like a blister maybe? Hmmm.... Frostbite? Is it super cold where you are?
It actually is cold here we had a big winter storm we had a big cold snap but its warming up some the last few day . Maybe a blister 🤔 I was at first thinking it could have been frostbite but it wasn't black and there's a scab from pepper getting him in the comb . My bantam rooster has a bit of frostbite but it's looks to be not bad and I think he will be all good.

Like a blister maybe? Hmmm.... Frostbite? Is it super cold where you are?
Well now I'm thinking maybe it's not a infection the tissue was kinda grayish yellow , it was cold feeling but not as much as when it was in the single digits it was only a few days though it's back up to the mid to high 20s and going up but the fluid was kinda clear also . If so then I messed up when it shot the liquid out and i drained it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211230-231217_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211230-231217_Samsung Internet.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 4
What is your hen to roo ratio? Or is Pepper just a meanie?
Well thats the bummer part both my silkies turned out to be roos this year so I only let them supervised in with my main flock. Theres 10 hens and one bantam roo who's very small they have fought before to but lately it's been way less and the silkies even will be good boys around the others and the bantam. The silkies have thier own area and coop also. Pepper can be but pickles will bite his butt sometimes to it kinda a back and forth. A lot of the time they do get along though

Back
Top Bottom