Combined my two little "flocks"

michellers

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 10, 2013
Wisconsin
Last year, we jumped into the world of owning ducks and ordered ducklings online. Two beautiful Blue Swedish girls arrived and we were thrilled. Happy, healthy goofballs.

This year, we ordered two little white/fawn runner female ducklings.

After letting the runners grow up, we slowly started introducing the pairs to each other. They were able to free range together under supervision. The older girls weren't too thrilled about it and did some chasing and pulling of feathers.

For the last week, I kept them in the run together, but separated with a panel so they couldn't touch one another. Yesterday, they free ranged together and were doing very well - no chasing and no feather pulling!

After cleaning the run and emptying/refilling their pond, I allowed all 4 ducks to go inside the run. They did great. No issues at all. They shared their food, water, and pond! So happy they figured out the pecking order without much trouble and no blood!

Here are some pictures!

And my FAVORITE picture from yesterday!

Adorable ducks! I am considering adding a runner to my flock. Are your runners real skittish or do they allow you to touch them?

They are nervous little things, but once I pick them up, they are happy and content being held. They don't like being separated and out of sight from each other.

Back
Top Bottom