Comparing quail sizes

Quote: I didnt think about Rolled Oats ive cooked them up for the cats and our blue heeler with Split peas , Potatoe and carrots and then noodles ive used Oatmeal and rice bit Rolled Oats Gonna get a bag tomarrow , we have a blue heeler and she likes her Raw the only other food she gets is either Evangers Rabbit Non Grain and Fromm my cats have the kibble down and also get raw .
How do you do your birds from the sound you only get the breast meat and i really screwed up when i tried to pop it out

I didnt think about Rolled Oats ive cooked them up for the cats and our blue heeler with Split peas , Potatoe and  carrots and then noodles ive used Oatmeal and rice bit Rolled Oats Gonna get a bag tomarrow , we have a blue heeler and she likes her Raw the only other food she gets is either Evangers Rabbit Non Grain and Fromm my cats have the kibble down and also get raw . 
How do you do your birds from the sound you only get the breast meat and i really screwed up when i tried to pop it out 
When I process quail I use kitchen shears and snip off the heads and feed to the dogs. I then snip the feet off at the 'knee' and they go to chickens. I then take off the wings and they get saved for my friend who uses them for fly tying material. I then tear the skin off staring at the breast. Once skinned I take out the backbone, starting at the butt end I snip each side of the backbone all the way up. Then you can pull out the neck, back and guts all at once and that also goes to the dogs. Rinse with cold water and scoop out the lungs from the ribs and you are all done and have only wasted the skin/feathers. I freeze them intact like that but will sometimes split the bird in half at the midline breast to cook more even.

By any chance do you sell Quail eggs ? I have tried for over a yr to get ahold of robbi and he when i talked to him was pretty sick Katie was helping im back then and sold me some but they where not his JM line .
if so how much and let me know about shipping

I do want them for hatching i have a Leahy 6 drawer incubator i am using to dry muchrooms with right now . Its so sad and lonely with out eggs

Last edited:
Oh no, sad to hear you have not been able to get in touch with Robbi, I really wanted to try some of his eggs in the spring. Heard such good things about the lines in this site.

Still here...
Phone # and e-mail on website...
Phone calls are best way to reach me...
Orders are by phone call only...
No longer answer IM's due to spammers
Robby
JMF

When I talked to Robbie 2 weeks ago, he said that he was starting some new treatment in a couple of weeks and would only be shipping eggs through the end of Oct. and wouldn't be shipping more until spring. I don't think the doctors have ever figured out what all is going on with his illness.
I already have 4 customers that want hatching eggs when mine are old enough for fertile eggs. But all will have to be picked up until we know we can ship in the spring without the eggs getting to cold. I still haven't decided how many breeders I will keep from all of my JMF line C chicks through the winter.

I also sell quail eggs but I have never shipped them before. Also I only have confirmed fertility in 2 of the three JMF cages. The last two test batches had no fertile eggs yet out of my cage #1 which is my biggest birds. I have seen the roo getting more busy lately so am going to give him one more test hatch to prove his stuff before freezer camp. All of the CL cages are fertile. I also live in Oregon and some of the family lives further north on the coast. We could potentially arrange something to meet or I may try shipping. I'm headed out of the states for a cruise in a couple weeks so probably would do anything until after then and have fertility confirmed by then as well.

Hey Robbi I tried but i think out tme difference im in Oregon GLAD your here I need to Order some of the Large line you have I need it to feed myself and my cats .
Eggs I called 6 pm Pacific time whats the best time to call you ?

thats a thought put that on the web too LOL

I also sell quail eggs but I have never shipped them before. Also I only have confirmed fertility in 2 of the three JMF cages. The last two test batches had no fertile eggs yet out of my cage #1 which is my biggest birds. I have seen the roo getting more busy lately so am going to give him one more test hatch to prove his stuff before freezer camp. All of the CL cages are fertile. I also live in Oregon and some of the family lives further north on the coast. We could potentially arrange something to meet or I may try shipping. I'm headed out of the states for a cruise in a couple weeks so probably would do anything until after then and have fertility confirmed by then as well.
what is your male to female rate ? How old and is there anything like mice , rats Squirls that could be upsetting your boys Preformance ?

Back
Top Bottom