Completed Coop

Truth. We are considering gravel or similar. May even do horse stall pellets. Seems to hold up in our wet weather pretty well.
I put concrete pavers around my entire run and coop...after I buried hardware cloth and river rock 6 inches in the ground under them. They still seem to find the prettiest spot in the area and excavate it!! LOL

I put concrete pavers around my entire run and coop...after I buried hardware cloth and river rock 6 inches in the ground under them. They still seem to find the prettiest spot in the area and excavate it!! LOL
I like pavers but maybe consider a totally different approach. Adding foliage like edible flowers and plants like strawberries in a planting bed (with the welded wire under) will not only give you that distance for predators to have to dig, but it supplies food and wind break.

Imagine having this around the coop, just a bit more narrow. The chickens won't completely eat it down to the ground and some will grow into the coop/run.

Pavers at the entrances and access points.

You can grow and protect grass in your chicken yard for them to graze on for months.

Planting beds like this but maybe not so high.

Chicken Coop Vegetable Garden - Photos & Ideas | Houzz

Back
Top Bottom