Completly lost 2

I don't like the yellow tray turners which are so common. They seem to get hung up on the really cheap ones, like factory left some spare bits of rough plastic on them. But I'm pretty lucky and my husband is handy. So he made me a tilt turner that holds plastic egg trays and a incubator to put them in. Just hatched 7/11 serama eggs and those were shipped, so feeling really lucky today!

I don't like the yellow tray turners which are so common.  They seem to get hung up on the really cheap ones, like factory left some spare bits of rough plastic on them.  But I'm pretty lucky and my husband is handy.  So he made me a tilt turner that holds plastic egg trays and a incubator to put them in.  Just hatched 7/11 serama eggs and those were shipped, so feeling really lucky today!

That's an excellent shipped hatch rate. Congrats!

So from a trouble shooting standpoint, if you have fully developed chics that dont hatch is it most likely a humidity problem causing the membrane to keep them in?

Yes, but they could also be the wrong way so they cant breathe, or they could be to weak and small

So from a trouble shooting standpoint, if you have fully developed chics that dont hatch is it most likely a humidity problem causing the membrane to keep them in?

Humidity, usually high, is one of the most common reasons for hatch time deaths. High humidity doesn't let the eggs loose enough moisture. At hatch they often drown because they can't pip into a too small air cell, they pip into the air cell but excess fluid also seeps into the internal pip causing them to aspirated on it, or they become too big/bloated and can not turn at the proper time and end up malpositioned come time to hatch.
On the flip side of high humidity, too low humidity can cause the air cell to grow too much too fast and can shrink wrap the chick making it impossible to pip and suffocating them or they manage to internally pip but can not move to make further progress.

I hatched 41 out of 48 lost two after hatched .Have 39 little fuzz balls now I figured it up i think it was an 84.5 percent hatch rate .

Last edited:
Humidity, usually high, is one of the most common reasons for hatch time deaths. High humidity doesn't let the eggs loose enough moisture. At hatch they often drown because they can't pip into a too small air cell, they pip into the air cell but excess fluid also seeps into the internal pip causing them to aspirated on it, or they become too big/bloated and can not turn at the proper time and end up malpositioned come time to hatch.
On the flip side of high humidity, too low humidity can cause the air cell to grow too much too fast and can shrink wrap the chick making it impossible to pip and suffocating them or they manage to internally pip but can not move to make further progress.

High humidity during the incubation process or after day 18 causes death? I didnt add any water except after day 18. Then i added alot! There way condensation on the windows

Back
Top Bottom