Confessions: Animal Hoarding, Animal Planet, Jan 14th, about chickens!

Quote:
Robin I think he had bators all over the place, because part of the show showed him picking them up and checking for internal peeping.

Debi, from what I saw he was picking up eggs from broody hens that had supposedly hidden their nests in the house. But I'm talking about the eggs the non-broody hens were laying... I wonder how many of those he got in a day, and what he did with all of them.

I'm very surprised no one really talked about the danger to his health from having them inside the house. You would think he wouldn't be able to breathe! Good thing he got them out, before he wound up with a very bad respiratory infection.

Quote:
It said he had 158 chickens. I wonder how many of those lived inside the house.

Once I had 4 Cornish Rock chicks in a brooder inside my house and I couldn't wait to get them out. Can't imagine 100... they are so STINKY!

barnie.gif
as stated in the topic be for, Animal planet is only season one, and show #2? (in canada)
barnie.gif
any one have a link? it's driving me nut's not to be able to watch it...

ETA: (in canada)

Last edited:
Quote:
Dang it, I was in and out of the livingroom when it was on & I missed a lot of it. I didn't even see you, Rob! I am glad to hear that Peter is doing well and that his birds got good homes. He seems like a nice guy... after all, he's a chicken person.
smile.png
And I'm glad he and his family are seeing each other again.

I wish my son had seen it. I have 7 chickens and he calls ME a chicken hoarder! LOL !

Hubby was watching with me last night.He was teasing me and said darn,you must a hoarder to.He's only got 60 or so and you got hundreds...lol.I told him big diiference,I wouldn't have sold off 3 of my breeds today if I was trying to hoard them.I had just had some buyers come pick up all of my Blue Quail,Ginger,and Spangle Old English.Still have quite a few to go.

Back
Top Bottom