Confessions: Animal Hoarding, Animal Planet, Jan 14th, about chickens!

Your website isn't very user friendly. I was hoping to see the roosters. I have a friend in California that is thinking of getting into chickens and I was hoping to lead her your way.

I love the video of the chickens dust bathing. How many times have I watched that at home??? Sooo cute.

I have five hens and no rooster and she was thinking of doing the same but with a rooster used to people already she was reconsidering getting a roo. Having a roo video might help placement. Just a thought.

It would be nice to have a link that show available animals on the home page for those that are interested in helping the animals. I would probably also have the story featured more prominently. Just thoughts from a newbie to your page.

Thanks for letting me know your actual link.
smile.png

I'll let my co-workers know that bit of feedback! I wish we had photos of all the roosters, too, but there are honestly so many that it would take a lot of work to get pictures of them all! My supervisor is a photographer, though, so maybe she'll be up to the task. We usually have people fill out the adoption application and then they can come out and choose the rooster they want in person.
smile.png
Also, we do have new stories on the front page, but the roosters have been here since last September or something, so it's "old news" even though the fellows still need homes.

We oftentimes have hens available for adoption, too--we were supposed to get in 500 today, but the farmer pushed it back a day on account of mud. They should hopefully be in tomorrow if all goes well!
fl.gif

Just for ease/in case anyone is curious, here's the adoption form: http://animalplace.org/available_poultry.html

Back
Top Bottom