Confused by Hovabator Humidity!!

Quote:
I haven't had any temp spikes its been holdin a steady 99-100 since I started. Its just the darn humidity that won't stabalize, always high.
Since the temp is good and I took the water out, I'm gunna just let it sit for 4 hours or so and see what happens. I'm tired of fiddling with it.

my wife thinks im crazy always checkin on my eggs, well i payed alot of money for them and want to see them hatch:thumbsup ill try takin one plug out see if i get the humidty down to 35 is were iwant to be

Quote:
I don't think I could use a cup cuz of the auto turner. I'm going to research on the dry incubation

Quote:
Next time you've got to give it 24 hours to get back up to temperature. The temp dropped because the eggs are slow to warm up. Then you cranked the heat, so when the eggs finally warmed up, the whole thing overcompensated. If you had given it enough time it would have slowly come back up to 101.5. That's the advice I got and it worked perfectly! I got my temp stable for 48 hours, put the eggs in and then walked away and didn't check until the next night. I'm not worrying about humidity until lock-down because it's dry here and I won't drown the chicks, then at lock-down I'll try to get it as close to 70% as I can. Right now it's ranging 20-37% with the occasional squirt of water that I through in.

ya i wasnt thinkin about that when i put the eggs in i stayed goin crazy tryin figure out y it went nutz and i realized i goofed because 28 eggs are gonna get hot and add to the fire so, learning as i go everything is stable now for the past twelve hours:lol: humidity 37 to 41 and temp is 101.5 and holding perfect 20 days to go. checked the eggs toniihgt to make sure everything looked good air sacs are ok eveything looks fine, kinda wishin my hen would have atayed broody but i like a new experiance, just not wasting eggs especially expensive ones;)

Hello,We are on day 3. My temperature is at 100, humidity is around 45 . Trying to get this right any helpful hint would be great. Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom