confused fertile or not..?

tattie t

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 3, 2014
Lincoln
I got 8 bobtail eggs...one got movement one not quiet sure as its darker but may have one vien that looks like ring of death but had that in a chicken egg which hatched fine,...others seem to be getting slightly darker but again cant see any veins....arggghhh

If a fertile egg fails to begin incubation you will still be able to tell if it is fertile if you crack it open and look at the yolk.

Sometimes fertile eggs don't go, and through a candling light will look infertile. They may also be infertile at this point without cracking one you won't know.

Bobwhite eggs are easiest of the quail eggs to see through so what you see is what you got pretty much. Also don't forget bobwhite eggs don't hatch until day 22-23 so they develop pretty darn slow compared to chickens or old world quail.

Thanks
doesnt help as the person I brought them off saud they had an "accident' with storage ....so I wonder if k also git different lay dstes of eggs if thst makes sense

Ok so I have float tested now im in a bigger pickle as they all floated arghhhhh.... slightly darker in side than a few days ago but no viens....think im gonna just have to sit this one out toss a coin and see which side it lands, hoping I have a double headed coin here..

Back
Top Bottom