Confused

sonjab314

Constant State of Confusion
13 Years
May 15, 2010
Missouri
By reading the forum I seen that most people start their goslings out on 18% protein food and go down from there. I was at the hatchery yesterday and they told me that after 18% they needed 20%. Which is it? Mine are currently on 18% and are less than a week old. Im expecting more goslings Monday from a different hatchery than stated above. Any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA

By reading the forum I seen that most people start their goslings out on 18% protein food and go down from there. I was at the hatchery yesterday and they told me that after 18% they needed 20%. Which is it? Mine are currently on 18% and are less than a week old. Im expecting more goslings Monday from a different hatchery than stated above. Any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA
Most of us who have goslings try to keep the protein down after they go off starter because of the risk of angel wing. are you feeding chick starter or duckling? Saying all of that I have always started my water fowl and chicks off on Purina Flock Raiser crumble and have never had angel wing and I believe the protein level is 21% don't have the bag right in front of me. I make sure my little ones get plenty of greens[along with grit] and are outside on nice warm days. So the protein level adding these components probably is dropped some. I'm sure some of the more experienced gosling breeders have their own take of this and hopefully will add their advise. This is just what i have done.

Back
Top Bottom