Connecticut!

Hello. Sort of in a bind here. I have some chicks that need to get outside today but aren't quite big enough to go in with the bigger girls and the roo boy yet. I'm in need of a small coop that can fit 6 chicks. I'll pick up eastern CT area Thank you

Hello peeps. Just wanted to share that I got my first chicken egg today!

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a couple of olive egger pullets (or chicks) to round out my flock. I'm in Southbury, but willing to drive in state for them. Anyone know of a local source?

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a couple of olive egger pullets (or chicks) to round out my flock. I'm in Southbury, but willing to drive in state for them. Anyone know of a local source?

Saw an add on craigslist recently of some olive eggers.

Craigs list is a good place to start. I have a few 14 week and 9 week old Legbar and white sport Legbar x Marans available. If you dont find anything closer. I am in Granville MA on the CT MA border walking distance to CT. I have been procrastinating about listing them on Craigs list I also have Blue and Black Copper Marans and hatching eggs if you like.

Craigs list is a good place to start. I have a few 14 week and 9 week old Legbar and white sport Legbar x Marans available. If you dont find anything closer. I am in Granville MA on the CT MA border walking distance to CT. I have been procrastinating about listing them on Craigs list I also have Blue and Black Copper Marans and hatching eggs if you like.
Windyridgefarm, I work at Springfield College. We are planning on doing a hatching genetic project in the spring. Would you have hatching eggs then (about half a dozen)?

I will have Wheaten and Blue Wheaten Americaunas. Blue Black Splash Ameraucaunas, Crested Cream Legbars, Blue and Black Copper Marans As well as Olive Eggers and Easter Eggers derived from crosses of the Ameraucanas, legbars and Marans. That should give you plenty of time to research the ones you are interested in. I challenge you to keep it down to six,
Dont forget half of the chicks will be roosters, and did I forget to mention the Welsh Harlequin ducks. Contact me when you are ready.

I will have Wheaten and Blue Wheaten Americaunas. Blue Black Splash Ameraucaunas, Crested Cream Legbars, Blue and Black Copper Marans As well as Olive Eggers and Easter Eggers derived from crosses of the Ameraucanas, legbars and Marans. That should give you plenty of time to research the ones you are interested in. I challenge you to keep it down to six,
  Dont forget half of the chicks will be roosters, and did I forget to mention the Welsh Harlequin ducks. Contact me when you are ready.       

Will contact you most def. I wish I could do more than 6 but my brinsea only holds 7 (6 with hygrometer). Also my coop fits 10 and I already have 7 that I am keeping. I am trying to rehome my roosters if you know of anyone. Wyandotte/barred rock mix.

Last edited:
Will contact you most def. I wish I could do more than 6 but my brinsea only holds 7 (6 with hygrometer). Also my coop fits 10 and I already have 7 that I am keeping. I am trying to rehome my roosters if you know of anyone. Wyandotte/barred rock mix.
Edited by gbartha - Yesterday at 11:43 pm
It is hard to rehome roosters, especially this time of year with so many people giving them away. I have culled many really nice pure blooded Ameraucana, Copper Marans and Legbars while only managing to rehome 1.
Right now I am fighting hard not to cull a white sport Legbar. they are rare but just dont have the room for him, and a few others.
If someone isnt willing to give you five to 10 rehoming fee they are usually just looking for free meat. I might as well feed my family.
I put an ad on craigs list and a guy said he would take them all because they sounded like they would be good breeders for his flock. Now mind you I had like fifteen roosters of various ages and breeds. He wanted them all but wouldnt tell me what kind of chickens he had. When I told him they would be five dollars each I never heard from him again. I remembered him trying to do the same thing last year. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom