considering a new pet bird.

I had a parrolet and, yes, she would snuggle with me and bite my parents. But even without the question of the species, I had a wonderful budgie for several years who was hand-fed. I would definitely look into getting a hand-fed bird because this bird we had always wanted to be with us. As son as someone would come home he would have fit until they took him out and no matter what they were doing would sit on their shoulder or in their hair. The parrolet we had was not hand-fed but the breeder that we got the budgie from had one and he was very sweet to even new people so that may be something to consider. Good luck with finding a new bird!

Finches are fine but I wouldn't call them interactive. They're more pets just to observe. Parakeets and cockatiels are both good, but if she wants something a little different, one of the smaller quieter conures, for example a green check which comes in all kinds of colors is a fun bird, interactive with the whole family, able to be handled and cuddled and may even learn a few words.

I raise blavk mask love birds, they are awesome little pets. Big bird attitude in little bird body. Quite active, and if u spend time with ur bird u do not need to have a pair. Smart, some talking capability, but not clear....

No, I don't expect the finches to be interactive. Our little girl really liked the pineapple conure that we saw today and if she's still interested when she's a bit older then maybe we will look a bit closer at one like that. For now DH is happy about *his* finches and our daughter is thrilled that they have a nest.
On a funny side note one of my friends posted a picture of herself with the cockatiel I wanted riding around on her shoulder in the petstore ... Darn it lol

Back
Top Bottom