Consolidated Kansas

I have a Pip!!!! And another one is wobbling!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
Let us know how it goes & we want to see pics!

I'm still finishing up a hatch from yesterday & it seems like the longer they're in the shells the more sticky they get & have a harder time hatching. The first ones out always seem to do the best.

Ok, I just might go stir crazy waiting on these guys. I took the turner out and the temp dropped some but it's back up now and no more progress since I last posted. My head knows I need to be patient but the rest of me is pretty impatient!!!!

Well, u want good news or bad news?

My next door neighbor, selling their home, I suspect they reported me to the HOA. Hmmmm, they never had a problem taking free eggs from me?

Now I need to find homes.

Orpingtons from Danz

Turken chicks from TSC

Gotta love living in town!

:mad:

Oh yea, the good news? I am hooked on chickens! Just gotta figure out if want to mess with the spec use permit or wait til we move

I know it's not always recommended but if over 4 hours goes by from first pip on my bantams, I help by just peeling a wee bit back at a time, if u see blood, stop! But I have had too many get stuck in the egg and died. Just me though.

Oh and chicken rookie, I am so so sorry to hear about your chooks. I am in the market for new orps now that's its spring but I don't get home til Monday. Is Olathe on way home from KC I wonder? Hmmm

My next door neighbor, selling their home, I suspect they reported me to the HOA. Hmmmm, they never had a problem taking free eggs from me?

Orpingtons from Danz

Turken chicks from TSC

somad.gif

Oh yea, the good news? I am hooked on chickens! Just gotta figure out if want to mess with the spec use permit or wait til we move

Aw that sucks! Personally I'd go for the permit and start thinking about moving as well!! You made a nice coop and put a lot of work into your birds. No reason to give it up because of some stupid permit requirement. Maybe the realtor suggested reporting the chickens thinking they might drive the home price down. Regardless I'll bet it's all about money on their part. I'm so sorry.
thndrdancer If you want some orps I always have babies. Just sayin.

Ok, I just might go stir crazy waiting on these guys. I took the turner out and the temp dropped some but it's back up now and no more progress since I last posted. My head knows I need to be patient but the rest of me is pretty impatient!!!!
Patience, patience, just walk away & come back, it can be hours from the first pip like that. I make myself go away & come back much later & often I'll have some chicks waiting for me when I return or even overnight. I know it's hard to wait though.

Orpingtons from Danz

Turken chicks from TSC

somad.gif

That sucks! I agree with Danz, I would get the permit & then plan to move as well so you can take your birds with you. It takes so long to grow them out again & start all over.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom