Ended Contest #4 Brinsea’s Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entry #1 (though I may switch up the photo if I get a better one of this chick)
This is Diva (here's hoping she's a girl so her name fits and so I can keep her). She is 1 week old today. Her mother is one of my favorite year old mixed breed hens and her father is Fog, my d'Uccle Mille Fleur roo. She's a happy accident. Her mother was put in the breeding pen to help keep the d'Uccle eggs from freezing before I could collect them because she's a wonderful broody and her eggs are darker than the d'Uccles so I can usually tell if she lays one (which she rarely does). This was the only egg collected from that pairing for my March hatch and she is the cutest chick I have ever laid eyes on (DH agrees).

And second entry: same splash breda, just adorable. hopefully I don't get any more cute chicks or I will want to change photos lol

Duckling Selfie

Not complaining really! But I wish there could be a baby fowl contest without restrictions on when the pic was taken. I always end up getting my ducklings at the wrong time. I have darling photos of my WH and Ancona ducklings last May... But, I understand your reasons and I shall not pout! Instead here is a picture I was able to take of 2 week old Runner ducklings.

Not complaining really! But I wish there could be a baby fowl contest without restrictions on when the pic was taken. I always end up getting my ducklings at the wrong time. I have darling photos of my WH and Ancona ducklings last May... But, I understand your reasons and I shall not pout! Instead here is a picture I was able to take of 2 week old Runner ducklings.
Awesome picture!
I have 1 runner duck egg in my incubator, I'm hoping it will hatch as I only have Pekins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom