Ended Contest #4 Brinsea’s Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not changing my entry, so this isn't an entry, only b/c I doubt many would see the cuteness I do. This is Rudy he is 6 days old today when this pic was taken. He had beaten incredible odds to make it this far.

I'm not changing my entry, so this isn't an entry, only b/c I doubt many would see the cuteness I do. This is Rudy he is 6 days old today when this pic was taken. He had beaten incredible odds to make it this far.

Goodness gracious! What happened to the poor little guy?

He has the scaleless gene, no feather follicles, no scales. He also is fm (dark skinned) His ordeal didn't come from that though, his egg shrink wrapped at hatch and had to be assisted, he wasn't finished cooking by as best I can tell about 12ish hours, so was very weak, huge abd. hernia, needed intensive care and many braces / bandages for the hernia, legs (hobble) and feet (shoes) but he is doing great now.

I think he is awesome! I actually saw a full grown game roo with no feathers today and researched it a bit. I want one. I don't want to breed one to get it because it is unfortunate and hard to stay warm (it would definitely be an indoor chicken in the winter months) but regardless I want one.
Wow that has to suck soo what will happen when he grows up will he be a naked chicken ahhahaah lol but i feel bad for him
Yes, he will be a naked chicken. They are very strange looking. Even more-so when they are full grown. They literally look like a walking store bought(food) chicken with head and feet still attached. I recommend looking them um and reading some about them. its pretty interesting read.

here is a thread about a scaleless chicken with a photo,,
ep.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...aless-geen-rip-he-is-no-longer-with-us-so-sad
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...e-is-no-longer-with-us-so-sad/40#post_7070942 another rooster
I wonder if they still have preening/feather instincts??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom