Ended Contest #6 Flapper Contest - 8th Annual Easter Hatch Along

Is Snuggles almost the size of a Call?
I think he is about the same size, or maybe a tiny bit bigger, but I don't have any Calls to compare him with so I'm not sure.
big_smile.png

I think he is about the same size, or maybe a tiny bit bigger, but I don't have any Calls to compare him with so I'm not sure.
big_smile.png
** NOT ENTRIES **

I've seen lots of Wood ducks (they are all over out duck pond with the wild Mallards), but no Call ducks.

(You can see a Wood duck in the middle of this picture.)

I had the same impression as NathanZee, but I looked up both and Wood ducks and Call ducks and for Wood ducks it said the average weight was 1.5 lbs and that call ducks were 1.25-1.5 lbs, so Wood ducks might be a hair bigger, but are certainly closer to Calls than Mallards / Runners / Khaki Campbells at around 3 lbs, or typical domestic ducks at 5-6 ish, or Pekins at 10-15 ish.

Wood Ducks are definitely AWESOME!!!!

I took the first picture, the second one was on the Internet...

Last edited:
I think he is about the same size, or maybe a tiny bit bigger, but I don't have any Calls to compare him with so I'm not sure. :D
I've never seen a real call either. But I think you are right, Snuggles is a bitty bit bigger. Which makes me wonder from strictly a genetic standpoint what a call/wood combo produce. Not encouraging it, just wondering.

** NOT ENTRIES ** I've seen lots of Wood ducks (they are all over out duck pond with the wild Mallards), but no Call ducks. (You can see a Wood duck in the middle of this picture.) I had the same impression as NathanZee, but I looked up both and Wood ducks and Call ducks and for Wood ducks it said the average weight was 1.5 lbs and that call ducks were 1.25-1.5 lbs, so Wood ducks might be a hair bigger, but are certainly closer to Calls than Mallards / Runners / Khaki Campbells at around 3 lbs, or typical domestic ducks at 5-6 ish, or Pekins at 10-15 ish. Wood Ducks are definitely AWESOME!!!! I took the first picture, the second one was on the Internet...
wood duck burds are awesome. So cute. Great top pic Tony. Thanks for looking up the comparison. The thought of similarities between the two struck me at the sight of Snuggles' stout little body. I love that there are tiny wild dux.

** NOT ENTRIES **

I've seen lots of Wood ducks (they are all over out duck pond with the wild Mallards), but no Call ducks.

(You can see a Wood duck in the middle of this picture.)

I had the same impression as NathanZee, but I looked up both and Wood ducks and Call ducks and for Wood ducks it said the average weight was 1.5 lbs and that call ducks were 1.25-1.5 lbs, so Wood ducks might be a hair bigger, but are certainly closer to Calls than Mallards / Runners / Khaki Campbells at around 3 lbs, or typical domestic ducks at 5-6 ish, or Pekins at 10-15 ish.

Wood Ducks are definitely AWESOME!!!!

I took the first picture, the second one was on the Internet...
Beautiful picture!!! Okay thanks! I haven't weighed Snuggles, but Nyasa is about 2.40-2.50 usually. They are awesome!!!

I've never seen a real call either. But I think you are right, Snuggles is a bitty bit bigger. Which makes me wonder from strictly a genetic standpoint what a call/wood combo produce. Not encouraging it, just wondering.
I have seen them at county fairs a couple of times!
love.gif
That would be very cool I'm sure!

Oh, lucky. You've seen them at fairs. I need to see what our county does at its fair regarding birds. I wanna see some in person. If it doesn't stress Snuggles out, could you weigh him? I'd be curious. He is bitty but amazing in presence.

Back
Top Bottom