Ended Contest #7 Most Striking Domestic MALE Fowl Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but he isn't a easter egger just to let you know,he looks like a buckeye mix.....but beautiful rooster!!!

Thank you.
He might have Buckeye mixed in, as Easter Eggers are mixed breed. I question why you are so certain he is not an Easter Egger though? He was bought from a reputable Hatchery as an Easter Egger. He also has a pea comb, common for blue laying breeds (though, yes, Buckeyes have them too). He has green legs, common of slate leg/yellow leg mixes. As a side-note, not as well depicted in the photo his underside is mostly a medium grey/blue, and his top feathers are a coppery orange accent to the deep reds.

Name: Billy
Breed: Bearded Silver Lace Polish
Standard

These two pictures below are of him when he was only 10 months old

Last edited:
Squote name="Candy442" url="/t/863243/contest-7-most-striking-domestic-male-fowl-contest-5th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/270#post_13350352"]EE Rooster-Standard size

One year old

"TwoTone"

It is my understanding that birds like this are a rare 1/2 male 1/2 female. Does anyone know if that's true or just a fable. Curious?[/QUOTE]
WOW! He is so beautiful!

Name of Bird: Charlie Roo
Breed: Golden Phoenix
Standard

Thank you.
He might have Buckeye mixed in, as Easter Eggers are mixed breed. I question why you are so certain he is not an Easter Egger though? He was bought from a reputable Hatchery as an Easter Egger. He also has a pea comb, common for blue laying breeds (though, yes, Buckeyes have them too). He has green legs, common of slate leg/yellow leg mixes. As a side-note, not as well depicted in the photo his underside is mostly a medium grey/blue, and his top feathers are a coppery orange accent to the deep reds.
I said it because I didn't see a pea comb,muffs around face,the right looking tail feathers,and body style, but it might be you never know with hatcheries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom