Convincing to Get a Rooster... Need Ideas!

Quote:
They protect the girls, they keep the peace, they find goodies, they are wonderful and affectionate if you handle them daily as you grow them out, and they are an important part of the chicken social structure.

1. They're entertaining to watch

2. They watch out for the hens

3. Fertile eggs

4. Often prettier than hens

5. If they're out free-ranging, they're a great excuse for keeping out unwanted visitors. "Gee, I don't think you should get out of the car. He's pretty aggressive and it'll take me all afternoon to round him up and I can't find the broom."

I like my rooster because he takes good care of the girls. When they are outside he finds food for them and warns them of danger. I know one night someone or something was inside the coop because when I got out there the next day he was on guard, nearly came after me and the coop was a mess with things knocked over. And I love to hear the crowing. A neighbor has one as well and I love to hear them go back and forth with their crowing like its a contest. I dont know if my other neighbor loves it too but they have never said anything. Oh, and I cant forget the babies
love.gif
Love seeing momma hen with her babies. But on the other side, he will chase anyone but me. That includes my young son who is afraid of him.

Back
Top Bottom