Coop burnt down *vent*

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
Okay, so yesterday I got woken up at 4 in the morning, my dad screamed " THE CHICKEN COOPS ON FIRE!" we live 1/2 a mile from my dads store, which is where my coop is. We got out side and could see and smell smoke as we got in the car. We could see the smoke rising from our own house from the chicken coop, my dad drove as fast as possible. When we got there, there was 3 fire trucks. the 12x8 shed was burnt to the growned, my chicken coop was gone. And the worst part my poor babies my chickens, my ducks had been burned alive. Everything me and my dad worked on gone, my dad wouldnt even let me step inside the coop fearing I the worst for me. While all this was happening I was balling so hard. My dads new $10,000 lawnmower was burned to the growned stuck to the cement because the tires had melted, all my dads stuff gone. Im hoping are ensurance is going to cover this, my dad says it covers all of it and the ensurance guy is coming tommrow morning. Im hoping we can just have a fresh start, but all of my babies are in my memories I will never forget them. Thankfully I collected a bucket full of eggs from my chickens befor this happend, I am going to put the eggs in the incubator and hope for some babies to hatch.

....This sucks.

I am so sorry for your devastating loss.
Hope the insurance will cover the monetary loss, but I know that money can't replace your friends, the chickens and the ducks.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have an excellent hatch from those eggs.
fl.gif
:aww

Back
Top Bottom