Coop Names and Signs

I named mine Cluckingham Palace
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

:) Well, that made me chuckle! It's a good one, for sure!!

Ours is the Crooked House Layers Club because there isn't a square wall or opening in the whole coop. That made for some pretty creative building but we're very happy with the results. We've made some improvements since this photo was taken but I don't have photos yet. The best part of the whole coop is the roost. It's most of a pine tree - trunk and branches.

De

Edit: I found a couple of improvement shots - first was the step for the people and then the nest box lid was revamped and waterproofed.

Last edited:
It was my hubby's idea. The chickens seem to love it, too. We don't seem to have a true pecking order, either. It's just first come, first served to get the upper branches. :)

Mine needs a small story -

In San Jose CA (we lived in the Bay Area for 30 years) there is a tourist spot called The Winchester Mystery House. The lady, Sarah Winchester, was the daughter of the guy who invented the Winchester rifle. She was told by a fortune teller that when the new construction on her house was finished, she would die. So she never finished the building. It's totally crazy - she added on rooms, stairways, windows, kitchens and even additional stories to the house, and then tore them off. She liven to be 85 or so.
thumbsup.gif

Well anyway, my family is convinced that I will never stop building on my coop complex so they have named it The Winchester Chicken House!
lol.png

They even had a sign made to go on it and gave it to me on my recent birthday. I'll try to take a picture when it's mounted.

(Edited to add sign pix)

Last edited:
I named mine Chooktopia. It's a bit grandiose considering that I made the coop out of pallets and scraps. Anyway The chickens don't know any better.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom