Coop names. Too inappropriate? Ideas?

The Coop-D-etat

And to you good madame, I ruffle mine Feathers 🐓
Feb 6, 2021
Bismarck, North Dakota
Ok so,...
It's very late at night atm. Currently 12:36 am. I went to dinner with a friend has had downed 3 cups of coffee for no apparent reason (it sounded good and it was cold out minus 21° frigging burrr 🥶 ) anyways it is almost time for me to being receiving my order of chicks March 15th and I have my coop built and it is open and ready for business!of course as it's not necessary to have but it's fun to name your chicken coop. I consider myself to be fairly creative and names are on that list of said creativity (so I like to think lol) I have a name in mind but im not sure if it's appropriate enough for the everyday none chicken keeping joe. And that name would be "The Broody Brothel" I mean COME ON! I think its rather hilarious and makes alot of sense in ways a house full of hens?? Hens go broody? Yadda yadda. I've told some friends and they think its rather funny to but only after I explained what the term Broody means. And not like people on here who know such poultry terms the common joe won't. Anways that's why I decided to turn mine feathers to here, in my late night caffinated thoughts on a coop name I have a few names also in mind and just maybe want some opinions and or other recommendations for names. Also I would like to note that sometimes I have clients and people of business nature coming over. Whether I'm assessing my own property or selling work to potential clients this is why the name lingurs in the hesitation zone haha.

Some names I thought of

•The Broody Brothel (the controversial name)
•Barnevelder Burrow (one of my favorite breeds)
•Coops Cabbin
•Coops Cottage
•The Aviary Prarie (I live in North Dakota and it fits well with the Geography round these parts lol)
•The Hens Hollow

Just thought what chicken people would have to say about these names or other name recommendations?? Thank you ahead of time for dealing with my rather ridiculous conundrum and my spastic ramblings.:duc:woot

I guess it depends on what types of clients/business partners you have coming over - if you think it could affect business dealings, probably best to not stick a big sign that says BROTHEL anywhere on the property. :)

My coop is:
coop4.jpg

I guess it depends on what types of clients/business partners you have coming over - if you think it could affect business dealings, probably best to not stick a big sign that says BROTHEL anywhere on the property. :)

My coop is:
View attachment 2525697
I can't tell you how much I love this! Absolutely perfect :lol:. As this is my dilemma. I think with the normal people I deal with would get a kick out of that come over often. Haha funny you say that as well because I have a HUGE wooden slab we cut from a Douglas fir that the name will wood burnt into it :gig

The Hens Hollow would probably be my second favorite. It's got a nice ring and even non-chicken folk would understand it.
Indeed so I would have to agree. That name is my second favorite! The Aviary Prarie seems to much like a well an aviary lol with parrots or doves and other avian species lol not so much to do with chickens. Although I did have an elderly gentleman come over last fall to pick apples and he had seen my massive run I built and mentioned what the "eagle sanctuary" was for. Lol I got such a kick out of that. I have had The Broody Brothel name in mind for YEARS. I just don't wanna regret it later lol I know it's ultimately up to my digression but it's good to see other chicken keepers know a good name when they see it.😉

Back
Top Bottom