Coop on a slope

Jess1411

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2024
I know this topic has kinda been discussed but I have a 10x40 coop that’s on a slope.

Im looking for something/anything to try and slow the rain water from pushing ALL of the bedding to the downward side. Im aware that I will not be able to stop it but there has to be a better way to slow it. These are the things I’ve tried and have not worked at all. After one good rain all of the bedding runs to the other side and then it’s a muddy mess all over again. Someone on here has got to have a solution for this bc I’m loosing my mind.

I have dug the higher side down to where it’s almost level.

Wood

Pallets

I have tried rocks (small med and lg).

Pellets

Hay

Straw

Sand

Shavings (flake and fine)

Throw a few photos up so we can see what you're dealing with.

I also have my coops and runs on a mountain slope. It's a challenge, but doable. Creative terracing and trenching around the run would be a good start. Think about a covered run, as well.

Here's a pic of my main run and you can see how it's terraced to slow down the migration of the sand bedding. I used 4x4s horizontal to the slope for the terracing.
P1010029.jpeg
P1010004.jpeg

I’m also on a mountain side. I will have to take some pictures tomorrow bc it’s raining again 😢

I know this topic has kinda been discussed but I have a 10x40 coop that’s on a slope.

Im looking for something/anything to try and slow the rain water from pushing ALL of the bedding to the downward side.
Are you talking about the coop or the run?
Pics would certainly help here.

Back
Top Bottom