Coop on ebay. Any thoughts?

It looks very small to me.
hmm.png
How many chickens do you want to have? My coop is 4 feet x 5 feet and I think I'm pushing it with 6 standard chickens and a run that is 4 feet x 14 feet. I don't like the statement that is is good for that many chickens.

It looks well made and is a very good price if you're looking for a home for a few bantams.

Check these out (too far away for you!) I almost bought one but decided it was too small:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/1610124200.html
big_smile.png

Very cute for a backyard coop!

Gook Luck!

"Coop is suitable for 5 to 6 standard size chickens or 10 to 12 bantams"
"Six square feet of interior space, PLUS nesting boxes"

Is this person INSANE?!??!?!?!?!! That would only be big enough for 2-3 standard size chickens and that's ONLY if they are just in there to sleep.. If they were kept in there for any length of time, it would only be enough space for ONE!!!!! I'm sorry but I honestly would not spend $174.99 to house ONE chicken! just mho..

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I think they are being a little over generous on the number of chickens that would work for, but it would probably work for 3-4 LF hens or about 6 bantams as long as you have enough perch space and a decent attached run. That is, in my opinion, a GREAT price. In the world of pre-built coops, you cannot beat that price. Of course, you can do it cheaper if you build it yourself, but that is an awesome price for what you are getting already made. I have spoken to the sellers as they are here local and they seem like very nice people. I know they will also do custom coops. If you only have a few birds and don't want to build your own coop, Im sure theirs are great.

I cant imagine trying to clean it. It is quite small. However, If you only want a couple chickens and have kids that could clean it then you are all set. It is quite cute.

I thought it was cute until I saw the dimensions. Way over stating the 5-6 chicken capacity and you would be spending all your pree time cleaning.

You may want to consider a prefab coop that is raised off the ground. The raised coops are easier to clean because they are more ergonomic and its better protection against mice, rats, and other varmin getting inside. There is a nice thread on here about various pre-fab coop options and where to buy that you may find useful. Good luck!

Thats looks like a great little "quarantine" coop, for when you bring in new birds...Makes me want to get it and make a nice little run and get 2 new girls and stick them in there for about 3 weeks
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom