Guide Coop pages and member pages tutorial and feedback

Pics
The roost 2 x 4 and poop shelves are far enough apart that I just use a cat litter scooper to clean it out every day. Only takes a few minutes to clean out if you do it each day. I used a 2 x 4 because I live in Michigan and the winters are harsh, so the larger roose bar allows the chickens to cover their feet with their feathers than if it were a smaller bar they had to wrap their feet around.

I see I'm not the only one who is not able to start a member page for my coop build. I was looking for specific information like exactly how many posts you need before you get the permissions to add a page but it seems like there are ppl with far fewer posts than I who have managed to get theirs
hmm.png

So does anyone know exactly what the trigger is? This will be my 13th post now... Do I need to be a member for X days/weeks/months also or anything else I need to know before I will get to post my coop build?

Will check back here later.

I couldn't figure out how to post our new duck house and wanted to share the pics! We have 6 runners.
The pool with repurposed shower deck I made for burning man! In the background you can see the feeder and automatic waterer! I really am enjoying this...I just drain the waterer at night and turn the water hose off, the feeder just replace the cap and sweep up loose feed.

I was going to try and make the front of the house look like a real hobbit house, you can see the little door I made in the first picture. After looking at it I decided I liked the front without the door. I'll find another use for the hobbit door I made.

Just trying to fancy up the vent holes. There are 3 more directly across on the other wall and under the side eaves.

These act as "locks" and secures the removable wall. We live in a high corrosive area, so we tried to limit metal parts as much as possible! All from cedar - they have been outside for several months and work perfectly - no swelling.

Removable wall for cleaning - all parts are cedar to cut back on the weight. I'd say it wears about 9 or 10 lbs.

Entry, with a view of the side vents. I painted the floor and walls with BlackJack #57...so far so good as far as moisture. I should be able to hose the house out, or at least be able to wet it down pretty good with out causing damage to the wood, I also put a large tray inside to help collect waste, it came from my escape, getting a new car so I repurposed it to the ducks.

With the door closed.

We are using shredded paper and cedar chips for the inside. I remove paper and wet chips every morning. I used shredded paper in their brooder and decided it worked well in the house. Thank for looking! I've learned so much from this group!!!
Very pretty! I love the fairy tale look, but didn't the Hobbits build their houses underground? I'll confess I never got more than halfway through the first book, but I have seen all the movies...
pop.gif

Why don't I have Add a Member page or Add a Coop button?

Hi :welcome

You may just need a few more posts, the more you post the more the system recognises you as a genuine member. I'm afraid I don't know the exact amount of posts you will need but a few under your belt and I'm sure the coop/member pages will become available to you :D

Back
Top Bottom