Coop pics****

This was the first thing my Husband ever built and he was very proud
big_smile.png

The hatch door on the left opens.
They roost right on the wood at the top of the ramp.
Its small but I let them out everyday all day. They get locked in at night. I only intend to have 5 birds maximum (silkies).

You can see a little of the layer's coop in the back on the left. But thats his deal.. I think the coop he built me is cute and thats what I wanted to show you guys :)

This is my newest coop i just finished building(coop num 4)for my Bantams. The other 3 coops are already posted a few pages back.

this is the back of the coop(nest box door)

This is the front with pop door built into the human door and a window that will have wire nailed over it for breeze in the summer.

Last edited:
Nicely done! and that pic of him kissing them? adorable!

A few months ago I got the chicken fever and talked my eggceptional husband into building me a chicken church coop. Since you backyard folks were such an inspiration, I wanted to share the finished product with you.

After 2 weeks in the coop, this was the first day they were let out in the run, via the automated door which will be set for dusk to dawn open and close feature.

I wanted an outside egg collection door so I don't have to actually walk inside the coop.

The girls inside their coop are 4 Americaunas and 4 Barred Rocks at the age of 2 months.
thumbsup.gif
I love this coup.I'm in the process of building a new coup and I'm attaching it to an already existing coup.It is hard to tell by the photos that have been taken,but when it's said and done I'm hoping for it to be a Little White Church.I am wanting to put a steeple,bell,and a light blue light at the steeple.I would appreciate it if you would let me know where you got your windows.There are some pictures on my site as what I have up til know.You have a Beautiful Coup
wee.gif

I want to put a run on mine but I have two problems
1. I don't think mum will agree with it
2. I have a little terrier he might dig under the run or even Chew through it but he never did it to my rabbit
Any ideas for a dog prof run?

Well you could dig a trench around where the chicken wire or whatever you are using, and then put the chicken wire in the 'trench' and fill it back in so your dog has to dig a lot deeper to get in? As for the chewing i dont know but there are some pretty smart hens and roos on here! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom