Coop pics****

Well, mine is still a work in progress... right now we are calling the entire undertaking The Chicken Hendrix Experience

Clearing out the area near the shed and garden for the future coop:

Framed the walls and put a protective stain on:

Put together the walls in the driveway

Moved the structure to the area behind the shed with the help of my brother-in-law:

Put up the rafters, purlins, and roof this last weekend while my father had some time to help:

We still have a lot of work to do, I will have to check back in after the weekend with some updated progress!

We have very simple coops constructed of recycled fence. The larger coop houses our three Golden Comet pullets. The smaller one - our four precious bantams. The chickens freely roam our lawn all day and are protected by a fabulous, feisty banty cockerel that sounds an incredible alarm for his gals! -have numerous trees, rose bushes, and flowering shrubs under which the little flock may seek shelter!

some great coops!! keep them coming.. must get started on my knew run 2day neighbours complaining of smell so have to move them :/

Hi Future Coop Owner! Get your skids on with your coop, because whenever it's finished you will be sooooo delighted!!! (I'm from Ireland too, but live in Germany!) I did too much worrying about my layout, wiring, wood, paint, but probably looking back on it now it was worth it because I didn't have to change anything whenever my chickens arrived. They make me sooo happy, I actually clean their coop out EVERYDAY! It is cleaner than my house! We get 4 eggs from 4 chickens every day, all shapes, sizes and colours! I will post a photo of everything soon. Our chickens are so tame now that they actually sit on our knee whilst we read a book! They are sooo much fun, but you will find that out for yourself very soon, whenever your coop is finished! Good luck!

Its a master piece in progress lol god your chickens are comfortable around you alryt!! just bout some more staples so going to staple up the wire to night :)

Back
Top Bottom