Coop pics****

yesss.gif
I have give the idea of putting wire around the run for a long time.I like the idea.I don't really feel that you need to dig a ditch to place the fence in the ground.I feel that you can take chicken wire and fold it neatly to go up the fence 3-4 inches.Wet the ground where you plan on laying the fence and then lay the fence on the wet ground.Take a roller or just walk back and forth along the fence pressing the fence into the ground.Once it has been pushed down into the grass and ground some,the grass will grow up through it holding it in place.Then take hog rings and attache the folded fence to the run fence and that will secure it at the top.Add fence and posts a little at a time until you get what you need Just a thought
old.gif

Thats makes my idea look really lame! LOL!
tongue.png
old.gif
Didn't mean to make you feel that your idea was lame.It isn't because there are a lot of people that have and will continue doing it the way you suggested.There is nothing wrong with it.You will find that all people have different ways to get the same thing done.Whatever it takes to get the job done.
thumbsup.gif

love.gif
I hope it does good for you.1 more thing you might do is take a weedeater and cut the grass lower so that the grass will come up through the fence faster.I don't always do good but I like to think things out as much as my lil pea brain will allow.
idunno.gif
old.gif

[/IMG]
My Pooper Coop. Old outhouse converted. Now has 6x12x4 run outside the front door and 4 hens laying eggs on inside. Took many ideas from BYC to keep it simple, cheap, and hopefully functional for the hens and me. So far 10 eggs the first week after buying the hens from an over run flock.

thumbsup.gif
I love this coup.I'm in the process of building a new coup and I'm attaching it to an already existing coup.It is hard to tell by the photos that have been taken,but when it's said and done I'm hoping for it to be a Little White Church.I am wanting to put a steeple,bell,and a light blue light at the steeple.I would appreciate it if you would let me know where you got your windows.There are some pictures on my site as what I have up til know.You have a Beautiful Coup
wee.gif
Love this little church design
Havent seen one like this.... so cute!

This was my 2rd tractor coop of 4... all the same size to conserve on wood. 2x4x2
but each i try and improve a little. I need trim yet on all which is extra money so they are very plain for now but spent without nest boxes about $100-$130
The run you see 8 ft... is now 16ft long.with hinged top
Also lots of planning as i know nothing about woodworking I am learning.... slowlyAlso why iuse the more expensive screws not nails. Cant change things easily.

All are slightly different designs.Thiis one is easier for them to get in (low) but i lost the area under the coop (4 feet) to extent the run so the next 2 were a foot off the ground but . A trade off because i have to catch and PUT the chickens in the higher ones EVERY night... until they learn how to get in.which for some has taken a month! Gets old.

Back
Top Bottom