Coop Project: Maken the Plunge & Getting Chickens

A very inspiring thread. Thank you for sharing your work, your adorable chicks, and your awesome coop with us.

Everything is looking great you and your family are doing a good job with the coop. It does look as though you have a roo in the flock lol hes cute. Are you allowed roosters where you are? All the pics are fun to look at and the duck pics are the best.

Thank you both for your posts.

No we are not allowed to keep Cockerels in our community. I understand why and pretty soon we will have to find a home for him and his little friend...
cool.png

Yeah....I'm pretty sure that I have 2 cockerels in the flock.
I was wondering if you noticed that :) Just read the entire thread. Adorable! I myself have two Khaki Campbells (though I'm sure yours are something else) but they were raised with only one chick. That chick thinks he is a duck, and will not listen when I tell him that he is a rooster, and roosters crow. I'm pretty sure his first crow will be QUACK-A-Doodle-Quack
_MG_7024.jpg
Love your flock!

I was wondering if you noticed that
smile.png

Just read the entire thread. Adorable! I myself have two Khaki Campbells (though I'm sure yours are something else) but they were raised with only one chick. That chick thinks he is a duck, and will not listen when I tell him that he is a rooster, and roosters crow. I'm pretty sure his first crow will be QUACK-A-Doodle-Quack
_MG_7024.jpg

Love your flock!

The Kahki Campbell is what we wanted, turns out the lady at Bomgaars sold us Blue Swedish Ducks. And instead of 2 hens, we have a hen and a drake. So not really an egg breed, but not all is lost. I see trying to hatch duck eggs next spring adn early summer...Why not??
cool.png

I've never had chickens and ducks at the same time...this has been a real learning curve for me. I have a pullet that identifies more with the ducks than the other pullets. She eats with them and sleeps with them and when they are splashing in the water, she stands right there with them. I need to get a photo of that some day...it's pretty funny to see.

But its been alot of fun for the family. My kids enjoy the poultry, they've never had those experiences and I'm glad that they get to have them now.

Back
Top Bottom