Corn Back Rattlers! (WARNING: GRAPHIC PICS)

Moabite

Songster
9 Years
Feb 24, 2010
Utah
49658_picture_1098.jpg

Tootsie Rolls formed to look like "kitty sign" for 7 yr old's Kitty litter B-day cake. Yeah, it's a bit gross, so of course I'll post a pic of finished presentation.

49658_picture_1114.jpg

49658_picture_1115.jpg

Does not look edible! But it is. German Chocolate and White cakes, mixed with vanilla pudding, vanilla sandwich cookies and Tootsie Rolls. (and a few drops of green food coloring for effect.)

I hope the other kids think it is as funny as he does. He is the class clown, so I imagine he will pull it off just fine. Boys are gross.

Oh goodness. Please get pictures and post! I'd love to see the reactions.
Tell him to have a happy b-day even if his guests pass on the litter cake.
That's something else.

Absolutely perfect for folks who work in the veterinary business! Thanks for sharing!

So we get to the park and start setting up, and this friendly young cat is hanging around. How appropriate, right? Then we had three dads show up, each bringing minivans full of kids, some invited, some not, but they all knew each other and a good time was had by all. The cake was a hit! The kids were more fascinated then grossed out, but I had my camera on the video setting when we unveiled the cake. There was a little laughter when my son bit into the first Tootsie Roll, but after that, the kids dug in! The lack of frosting meant that there was less overall sugar. Nice fall day, overcast, warm, and breezy. And to make things even better, the leaves hadn't been picked up yet!
49658_picture_1121.jpg
49658_picture_1119.jpg
49658_picture_1122.jpg
49658_picture_1120.jpg
49658_picture_1132.jpg

Oh, one kid and one dad did pass on the cake. Totally excusable, but I still teased them a little.
I'll try to upload the video to Vimeo and provide a link later.

Actually, on the plate-away from the litter box- it looks pretty good! How did you make it? I have some boy scouts that may need one for their Christmas party.
That looks like a great party. Leaves are just fun.

Back
Top Bottom