Cornish chick breeders

The best breed of meat bird in your experience?

• Cornish (all colors)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cornish x

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Bantam Cornish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
I'm buying 15 cornish chicks next year to butcher and keep few in the freezer and sell the others with eggs. i have my egg chickens they should be laying in another 2 months and i was looking a the laced cornish or the dark cornish in murray mcmurray. im wondering if you guys know of any good hatcheries with healthy breeding stock for good chiks?

you should look in the "buy sell" sec of this forum and try to get some thing better than hatchery stock if your looking for breeding stock yourself.or ask in some of the diff. threads for info on breeders,I have DC from Sands poultry and all though they don't breed to SOP they breed for fast growth and huge size,and a little longer shank that helps for successful mating,and I have some Delaware chicks from rushlane poultry and they're about 3 weeks old and nearly fully feathered and full of vigor,maybe get an incubator and even though your first few chicks may be a little on the spendy side (depending on how successful your hatch is)at least you'll have a lot better stock to start out with then you could get from a hatchery by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom