Cornish Thread

Here's some of my bantams!!

This is a blue Cornish cock bird I got from Jesus. He has very nice birds. I have three splash pullets out of this guy that I'll be breeding to a black male, and three black pullets that I'll breed to a splash cockerel out of this guy. Theoretically, all the chicks should be blue.
. Nice blue!

This year is my first cornish experience. I thought the birds looked kinda small. I did some butchering today and threw a randomly caught cornish cock in with the rest of my boys chosen to be butchered today for bad behavior. I had a massive roo that dressed out at 6.5 lbs but I was shocked to feel how heavy the cornish was and he dressed out at 5.5 lbs, the second largest bird. Very impressive.

I marked his parts so I can see if he really does have a different taste than "normal" chicken.

. Nice blue!
0h wait wait,,Jesus sold some of his birds,,,wow ,,i tried for month to get him to send me some eggs,,him and that whole bunch on the yahoo cornish group,, Kept telling me that they just dispose or send them all to the landfill, The culls that is,,,Said that they would rather dispose of the bird than sell a defected bird it to someone . I find this hard to believe,,,You think he is selling any more?

0h wait wait,,Jesus sold some of his birds,,,wow ,,i tried for month to get him to send me some eggs,,him and that whole bunch on the yahoo cornish group,, Kept telling me that they just dispose or send them all to the landfill, The culls that is,,,Said that they would rather dispose of the bird than sell a defected bird it to someone . I find this hard to believe,,,You think he is selling any more?

To the best of my knowledge, he doesn't sell culls or eggs, I don't either, I eat my culls, and frankly, they are delicious! Spoiled me from store bought birds forever. This time of the year it is possible to find good quality mature birds if you are willing to pay for them and have them shipped, but soon everyone will have any excess breeder quality birds sold, and culls in the freezer, as its about time to set up breeder pens. Just don't expect to get good quality cornish for $20.00. $100.00 per bird isn't out of line, they aren't exactly a cheap bird to raise, and those of us who raise good birds want to keep them good. If you are nice to people and have a genuine interest in improving the breed, there are many breeders out there who will help, including Jesus. keep in mind that you won't find a lot of quality breeders that will sell cornish eggs.

Back
Top Bottom