Cornish Thread

My cornish are not aggressive. They are very much like my buckeyes, they don't start a fight but are not afraid to defend themselves. I've never heard of any that were killers like you are saying.

She seems very docile but not skittish. She was pretty scared the first day when the head hen tried to pummel her, but after a day in a pen by herself so they could all get used to each other, she actually ran out to see them when I had the gate open to get in her pen. I had to put her back up in there for the night b/c the head girl was still being kind of snotty to her, but you could tell the Cornish wasn't afraid. She would have rather toughed out the abuse to be part of the group I think. I just couldn't supervise or I would have left her out. My Silkie was picking on her a little but my Wyandotte already seems cool with her. Hopefully the big bird/little bird combo works out well in the long run!

Hi! New to this thread. We recently adopted a 2 year old Cornish hen, I assume bantam, as she's about the size of my Silkie but probably 3 times as heavy. Is she a WLR? She's still in her own pen while the other three get used to her but she's fairly friendly despite not being handled much. And tips on keeping a bantam Cornish with other larger birds or will she blend in like the Silkie?

She is a poor colored blue laced red. She almost looks like a wlr but her white is more of a grey blue espcially in the head you can see it. Besides that she does have good lacing and good body type. Head could be better but not a bad bird overall. She should be fine with your other birds. I've never had a problem with any of mine even males fighting til the death. They might fight just to see who is the boss of the pen when I move birds then they are fine the rest of the time.

I am interested in learning about LF dark cornish chickens. I am also intereste in other colors as well. From what i have read raising them may be a bit different than other breeds. I have read that many true breeders are reluctant to sell to people who have never raised them. What are the reasons for this?What are the different characteristics about them? I would like to learn more to see if they are for me.

Dear friends, good evening!
I ask for your help!
I have a problem with incubation Cornish eggs.
I have a lot of chickens die in the egg. they do not even make a hole in the shell, they do not try to be born!
Incubator R-COM50
incubator temperature of 37.5 * C and 45% humidity, 19 days with a humidity of 70%.
please help, what am I doing wrong?
thank you so much!
with respect, Victoria
ps sorry for the google translator

Back
Top Bottom