Cornish Thread

So I *think* my Silkie laid this bc I'm told Cornish bantams lay a roundish egg, but can anyone tell me for sure? Is this possibly a Cornish bantam egg or am I correct that it's the Silkie??

Dear friends, good evening! 

I ask for your help! 

I have a problem with incubation Cornish eggs. 

I have a lot of chickens die in the egg. they do not even make a hole in the shell, they do not try to be born! 

Incubator R-COM50 

incubator temperature of 37.5 * C and 45% humidity, 19 days with a humidity of 70%. 

please help, what am I doing wrong? 

thank you so much! 

with respect, Victoria 

ps sorry for the google translator

Try not changing your humidity, I know a couple of guys that let the pans run dry the last day, I have not tried it myself however with the limited space and size of the Cornish chicks it may be worth a try

She is a poor colored blue laced red. She almost looks like a wlr but her white is more of a grey blue espcially in the head you can see it. Besides that she does have good lacing and good body type. Head could be better but not a bad bird overall. She should be fine with your other birds. I've never had a problem with any of mine even males fighting til the death. They might fight just to see who is the boss of the pen when I move birds then they are fine the rest of the time.

Thanks!!! :) Now I'm just trying to figure out if the egg I got yesterday was hers or the silkie's! Haha!

So the eggs are definitely coming from the little Cornish bantam! In fact she's laying every other day, despite it being 15 degrees last night (that's really cold in TX). I thought these birds were poor layers but she's on track for 3-4 a week, at 2 years old! Not too shabby!

So the eggs are definitely coming from the little Cornish bantam! In fact she's laying every other day, despite it being 15 degrees last night (that's really cold in TX). I thought these birds were poor layers but she's on track for 3-4 a week, at 2 years old! Not too shabby!

My Cornish lay very well and even when it's cold out. It depends on the line on how well they lay.

Back
Top Bottom