Cornish Thread

Do u guys think this roo is worth keeping to try to improve or should I start over?

What about this hen?

Totally fine if u say to get rid of them and start over since that's my plan really.. Just wanna get a second opinion to make sure.

If it were me I would start over since you will have to get some better typed notes to make any real improvement anyway.
Not trying to be over critical but there are some issues type wise that will take awhile to correct

If it were me I would start over since you will have to get some better typed notes to make any real improvement anyway.
Not trying to be over critical but there are some issues type wise that will take awhile to correct

Thanks so much! That's what I am thinking too! Just wanted to be sure since I am no expert :) just a stalker on the forums

I recently bought some LF Dark Cornish chicks. I will keep some for breeding of they turn out to be birds bred to meet the APA standards. If not I will at least have some experience with Dark Cornish and some meat. At what age can i start culling them as far as the body shape and so on is concerned? Basically the things described in the APA standard.

These are some of my Cornish colors that I am selling hatching eggs out of. The eggs are straight out of my brood pens and should produce good quality chicks. $80 a dozen plus shipping. I wouldn't be selling these but I can't hatch as many this year due to health issues so this is someone's great chance.

Also have some birds for sale too. I am in NY and can ship.

Email me at [email protected] or text (914)409-5060 with any questions or pictures

Hi Al

Do you have Standard White Cornish chicks available? Your pictures are spectacular. I am trying to find some to have our own little herd of Cornish - not the hatchery kind.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone I'm new here. We got three Cornish hens from a friend Wednesday. We are new the chickens but in 4 days they've gave us 4 eggs; 2 were just today.
[/IMG]

Greetings Cornish thread
smile.png

I've subscribed to this thread and have read bits and pieces of it. The Dark Cornish intrigue me, beautiful in a strong, assertive way, and a seemingly most useful fowl!

There seems to be quite a disparity between hatchery and standard bred stock and then again between exhibition lines and meat lines of standard bred birds. Is there one, over an other, that might be more suitable to life as a farm fowl? ie: day-ranged, naturally mating, brooding chicks, foraging, etc.

All experiences and opinions are welcome, I have no preconceived notions and look forward to learning
smile.png

Cheers,
M

I have seven week old lf Dark Cornish chicks i bought from a small family hatchery here locally. When will I be able to start lokking at them to determine if they are bred close to the Standard of Perfection? At what age roughly? I bought these to gain some experience with Cornish.

Back
Top Bottom