Cornish Thread

I have seven week old lf Dark Cornish chicks i bought from a small family hatchery here locally. When will I be able to start lokking at them to determine if they are bred close to the Standard of Perfection? At what age roughly? I bought these to gain some experience with Cornish.
If you really want an accurate idea you should give them at least 9-15 months. They only get better with age. Once you get to know the breed then you can pick out early the better ones compared to their hatch mates.

Hey hey!
What happened to all the other people posting Cornish pics :)
I can't wait till my (much better) eggs hatch out!!!

OK I am new to Cornish and I am looking for what vitamin- mineral supplement to add to the water. I am sure it's in here but the thread is huge. Mine are 3 days old and I added ACV to the water.. I use nipple waterers screwed into 2 liter bottles and they love it and they get poop free water

Hello, I am looking to purchase approx. 7 baby silkie bantam or similar type chicks for my children. Do you sale these?
Thanks,
Scott Coleman

There's that polyvi sol which is a over the counter vitamin dropper for human babies :) make sure it doesn't have iron. I only put one drop in a quart, I donno about others. There's some other vitamins I've seen in farm stores.

OK I am new to Cornish and I am looking for what vitamin- mineral supplement to add to the water. I am sure it's in here but the thread is huge. Mine are 3 days old and I added ACV to the water.. I use nipple waterers screwed into 2 liter bottles and they love it and they get poop free water

OK I am new to Cornish and I am looking for what vitamin- mineral supplement to add to the water. I am sure it's in here but the thread is huge. Mine are 3 days old and I added ACV to the water.. I use nipple waterers screwed into 2 liter bottles and they love it and they get poop free water
I don't use any.

Most important key is added protein in the diet throughout life.

Back
Top Bottom