Cornish Thread

My Cornish are going on week 3 and I plan to start feeding twice a day then or is that to late? They are big birds alright. We put in 12 Rangers that were a week behind but it was no trouble, no fights, they just love the Ranger friends that moved in. Cornish love water eh, had to put a 5 gallon pail with nipples already.

My Cornish are going on week 3 and I plan to start feeding twice a day then or is that to late? They are big birds alright. We put in 12 Rangers that were a week behind but it was no trouble, no fights, they just love the Ranger friends that moved in. Cornish love water eh, had to put a 5 gallon pail with nipples already.
Why would you not push them as hard as you can? Real Cornish, of any kind of upper quality, need to be pushed as hard as can be since they are such a slow maturing breed.

My birds are on self feeders, and while they don't grow as fast as I would prefer them to, when you actually weigh them- they surprise. Even at normal butchering age, they'll still smoke any other breed for product poundage.

3 NH Reds- I may be way off base and I apologize if I am, but are your birds standard large fowl cornish or commercial cornish crosses?
comercial all the way. jumbo cornish rocks. I am in the wrong thread eh
hmm.png

:) Well, any advice you get on this thread will be geared toward the standard Cornish, so it may not really fit your situation. Congratulations on your chicks though! It is good to hear someone having a good experience with the commercial Cornish and the freedom rangers!

Hello everyone i just purcahsed two cornish cross white birds about a week old i heard somewere you have to feed them different than other chickens .....is this true?????

Back
Top Bottom