Cornish Thread

I have always had the same motto too... In the world of LF WLR, you will likely be forced to settle for the best you can find, with a "long term project" frame of mind... but working a line and making it your own is what makes it worth the trouble! Keep us posted, would love to be able to give your contact info to those in search of good WLR's....

Thank you! I will join the groups and see what I can find. I am of the mindset that it takes as much space and feed to have a quality bird as it does a poor quality one. I

To put it in perspective it took me about 18 months to find some decent looking Cornish, and I got lucky that one of the 4 I purchased is a WLR hen. I'm waiting until she finishes moulting to put up any pics of her as she is def a bit scraggly looking right now. Fingers crossed she is still young enough that she is laying... they are all going under lights when I get back from vacation so I'll see if I can kickstart some eggs out of the trio.

IMG_4015.JPG
This is one of mine in the Broody Coop, so not looking her best.

We call them Jubilee in the Uk.

View attachment 552052 This is one of mine in the Broody Coop, so not looking her best.

We call them Jubilee in the Uk.

there is a slight difference in Jubilee and WLR as the white laced reds are a single laced bird and the males are also laced vs. the Jubilee which is also recognized is double laced and patterned similar to a dark.

here are a couple picture of our bantam WLR
IMG_20160917_135613.jpg
IMG_20160918_115228.jpg

Last edited:
there is a slight difference in Jubilee and WLR as the white laced reds are a single laced bird and the males are also laced vs. the Jubilee which is also recognized is double laced and patterned similar to a dark.

here are a couple picture of our bantam WLRView attachment 657445 View attachment 657446

Very nice WLR bantams

I don't breed for any particular lacing quality, just utility.

And if a nice bird hatched out, result.

IMG_0503.JPG
I moved the first 10 of this years white Cornish to a outside pen today. They are 7 and 8 weeks old. These will likely be butchered in a few weeks. I love them grilled as game hen size birds..... At 10 weeks old they are usually a bit too much for a one person meal.... This is one of those places where excess is a GOOD thing!

Back
Top Bottom