Cornish Thread

Pics
Very nice projects you have going there, I have several of the Jubilee roosters like what you have pictured, they sure are nice roosters to have around.

Does anyone have any dark bantam cornish they would like to sale ? i really need a few pullets or hens . just shoot me a pm if you have any ideas thank you .
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
i have birds for sale, jubilee indian bantam ckls, lavender indiann bantam ckls, might be able to scrape up a couple of hens to go with a couple of large indian ckls, shame about the pacific ocean and a few possible mountain ranges being in the way.
smile.png

Hey I somewhat new to this chicken thing just wanted eggs! LOL but my 4 yr old daughter likes the idea so here we are… Started with Leghorns as I said wanted eggs than a few Austhorpe a few were Roo and became a little too aggressive with my daughter and after a few attacks became broth and chicken soup. My question is I bought 20 Cornish all were intended for butcher but the daughter and wife named one SPOT because he has a big black spot on his back and black tips on his wings. So we made a deal I would keep spot and she said he needed a friend so one female was keep as well. Anyway, I have been told that the white Cornish do not breed but after reading this it would seem I misinformed, was I misinformed? Being I got him in August he is huge much larger than the female Austhorpes even and as I recall bigger then the males Austhorpes as well. Clearly his a mix of some sort next about how long does it take for him to come of age to fertilize?

The confusion may be the difference between Cornish (the Breed) and the commercial broiler type (also called Cornish, Cornish X, jumbo rocks, etc.) They will all breed the commercial type just takes a lot more management to breed.

44012_dscf2363.jpg

Bantam White Cornish the Breed

vs.

44012_broilers_at_prl.jpg

the commercial broiler type

The cockerals in three of my 2012 breeding pens:

6 month old Blue Laced Red Cornish cross from Big Medicine...................

44349_cornish_114.jpg

44349_cornish_118.jpg

5 month old Dark Cornish cockerals......................

44349_cornish_124.jpg

44349_cornish_123.jpg

yearling White Cornish...........................

44349_cornish_125.jpg

44349_cornish_126.jpg

Some nice looking birds Steve. I am doing a little BLR cornish program myself. I may try to get some pictures.

How many generations on the BLR is that cockerel from the initial cross?

Quote:
Thank you. I believe he's second generation with no additional Cornish crossed in [in other words the result of breeding two F1s together]. I intend to put him over some quality Darks later this coming year.

I am happy to find this thread I have some BLR bantam I want some opinions on. I purchased them at the Ohio National and they are my new favorite.

Will post pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom