Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?

greathorse

Crowing
14 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Northern Colorado
A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.

Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses

He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.

They appear to be large birds, very well made. I am curious as to the origin etc. They must be very rare with the action we see on eggbid. The hackle feathers are lavendar I am told.

I will be watching this breed for sure. Thinking about throwing a bid out there.

Last pair of these just went for over a thousand dollars. WOW.

I do like the look of those birds. I would love to see the shade of lavendar on their hackles.

But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.

I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.

I sure do like the birds though

The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom