Coturnix quail and 100 degrees today

hkemmling

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2015
Festus, MO
Info on my setup first.

I have 47 Coturnix quail in a 120 sqft aviary on the ground. They have dust baths, 4 water stations, a tree for shade, some tall grass areas, hollowed ground areas, sand area, I have the top covered with tarps to block any extra sun today until the heat wave leaves, and I put a fan out there and have the hose ready to go on mist later.

Do you think that with all that they are good to go? I have blocks of ice I can add but wasn't sure if I should or not? They range from 3-5 weeks old.

I'm having the same problem today!! I've very humid! I just did a water change on the little stations, and am going to refill the large station (they prefer the little stations because that's what they were raised on). Is there a way to cool them down? You literally stand outside and the humidity is killer!! I added some strawberry tops to their feed dish and when I can back with the water, it seems they were already having quite the time with them. Any advice is also helpful!!

Mine don't get any special treatment, just feed & water, regardless if it's 10* or 110*. My cages are well ventalated and under a shade tree. Currently around 100* with 95% humidity here.

Sounds like you are treating them good. During very hot days, I change the water once or twice and put in fresh cold water. They are very tough birds and I'm sure they will adapt. Being retired military, it takes our troops several weeks when we deployed to adjust to the higher temps. I'm sure its the same for our birds.

Back
Top Bottom