coturnix quail eggs

I have place coturnix eggs under my budgie and hatching day aproaching soon :) but can i remove one day before they hatch from the budgie because if they hatch inside with the broody budgie she will try to feed can i remove it one day before and normally what day they normally hatch 16 or 17 or 18 !? Help plzz!!:) and normally how many hours does it for them to come out of the egg shelf??

Last edited:
I have a hen and without a rooster without mating or laying eggs if i place eggs into a nest box will she try to incubate them?? :eek:

Last edited:
Maybe. Coturnix have bred in captivity for thousands of years. Possibly even longer than chickens. Their instincts are damaged. It is rare for a coturnix to sit on it's eggs. It does sometimes happen, but very seldom. It doesn't matter whether there is a rooster or not.

Oops no not quail im sorry i've not mention i was talking about chicken can the hen goes broody without mating or laying eggs

Depends on the chicken. I've had orpingtons that went broody as soon as they could and others that never did.

Leave ten days worth of eggs in with her to see if she will begin to set on them. Birds lay 7-10 eggs in the wild before they begin to set them.

When the hen chicken makes lot of sound does that mean she is broody???

I want that my chicken hen to go broody and to place quail eggs under her can anyone tell me how to make her go broody ???

Depends on the chicken. I've had orpingtons that went broody as soon as they could and others that never did.

Leave ten days worth of eggs in with her to see if she will begin to set on them. Birds lay 7-10 eggs in the wild before they begin to set them.

I dont do chickens but my grandpa would use the little plastic easter eggs, half filled with sand and painted flat white or bone colored to trick the hen
then he didn't have to leave good eggs with her. seems like I've heard of using golf balls too.

i have 3 japanese quail 1 male 2 female and i of my stay smaller and the another have become more bigger the other one is not growing help!! plzz

Back
Top Bottom