Coturnix Quail Hatch Along

They are so cute! I have no idea either, I can only identify pearls and wilds, but I'm still sometimes wrong with that! Idk what yours are.
They are definitely confusing! I’m thinking I’ve got a pearl, some sort of red range tuxedo, falb fee, and I have no clue what those little yellows will be. Their mom hatched out yellow, and she ended up with this pattern. I’m excited to see them feather out!!

79CE4FC2-5397-41F6-9BC5-428311F48D3F.jpeg

She’s everybody’s favorite. Such a gorgeous bird:wee

Chunk is probably the friendliest quail I have ever interacted with! He is just so adorable. Whenever I call his name he runs out from under the brooder all excited, it is so cute. He loves peas :love
I’m intrigued by these feathers he has coming through. I wonder what he’ll look like all feathered out.

Attachments

• 6BE98AE7-0D8C-4E5E-B8FA-0F927A02BC30.jpeg
    6BE98AE7-0D8C-4E5E-B8FA-0F927A02BC30.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • CAAB0C65-1189-41A8-B36B-395EB97A1262.jpeg
    CAAB0C65-1189-41A8-B36B-395EB97A1262.jpeg
    516.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 43C6B401-1544-486D-AF47-D1E4291B4BCD.jpeg
    43C6B401-1544-486D-AF47-D1E4291B4BCD.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 9
Chunk is probably the friendliest quail I have ever interacted with! He is just so adorable. Whenever I call his name he runs out from under the brooder all excited, it is so cute. He loves peas :love
I’m intrigued by these feathers he has coming through. I wonder what he’ll look like all feathered out.
I hope one of my hatchlings are that friendly! I've got 4 hatching in 10 days.
Edit: only 3 will be hatching

Last edited:
I hope one of my hatchlings are that friendly! I've got 4 hatching in 10 days.
I really hope mine don’t end up being friendly or I won’t be able to bring myself to process them I’m hatching 30 eggs for meat but if thier friendly I just need to save up money and build a new cage lol. Oh how I love quail math :lau

Oh wow! I just put my eggs in lockdown about 16 hours ago, and a chick has already hatched! I came in from working on their pen, and saw eggs out of place in the incubator. Then a chick ran at me!! Mine usually hatch around day 17… never had one hatch so early :confused:

Definitely a cutie pie though, I gotta get pictures! Hatched from one of the celadon eggs it looks like. I was worried none of them were gonna hatch! :celebrate

Got one zipping, and another rocking! These babies want out!! There’s 22 eggs left in there, but I’d be surprised if I get even 8 chicks.

Here’s the first little guy. Definitely hatched from the celadon egg. So cute!

View attachment 3601801
I’m on day three my little brothers wanted to candle and out of 31 I have 27 developing good.

We’ve got another zipping! I suspect he’ll be out within the next hour. I didn’t candle these eggs at lockdown, so I have no clue how many chicks could hatch. I candled at day 9, and it didn’t look like many were developing well if at all. I took 4 eggs out day 9 as well. I hope more start hatching… otherwise I might have to buy some new eggs :fl

Back
Top Bottom