Coturnix Quail Hatch Along

Another one hatched out, so that makes 3 babies so far :celebrate

Here’s the rest of the chicks

7E8F64FB-359D-4405-ADB5-11C3C4C046CE.jpeg

Chunk’s feathers are so pretty! I love this little chick so much, reminds me a lot of the dad :love

308D4285-677C-42EF-B96B-5C78662A6362.jpeg

The 3 yellows feathers are all coming in white :barnie They think chunk is their mom haha

5B48942E-413B-41EF-9255-CFEAFE45EF33.jpeg

Zapdos and his evil sidekick. That little bugger is crazy… I keep telling him to stop otherwise he’ll end up on the table in a few weeks! I don't think he’s open to taking my advice though :idunno

F98CC077-FB7F-4D35-9F28-58758BE4888B.jpeg

New baby fitting right in!

I see one more egg with life.. one of the jumbos! This one has been rocking for 2 days, and I was getting worried he had died since I hadn’t seen any movement. It looks like he’s working on zipping right now!

Out of 27 eggs it looks like I’ll only be getting 4-5 chicks. So disappointing. The incubator smells NASTY! I think there’s a bad egg in there… potentially more than 1 :th

It looks like I’ve got a tibetan from the celadon egg, and 3 little black chicks! I wanted black, celadon, and jumbo, so at least 1 of each seemed to have hatched! :p

Might buy more eggs.. I’m not sure yet. Kinda bummed from this poor hatch :caf

Two jumbos (look to be wilds) hatched out! I put the black & tibetan chicks in with everyone, and there were some issues :barnie That little fee chick goes nuts, and tries to hurt them. I’ve noticed him going after Chunk and Zapdos as well. He is now in chick jail for a few hours. I’m hoping he cuts it out soon.. I do NOT like mean birds!!:rant

Edit: I think I see another jumbo egg rocking :p

Last edited:
Jail seems to have helped the fee chick with his big emotions… unsure of how long it’ll last :idunno

Also, one of these yellows is a little intriguing. I’ve always felt like his eyes looked a bit different from the other chicks, but thought I was just seeing things. He went in the light and I got this picture

6AEC8603-C488-4E36-80DD-6236E730D752.jpeg

PINK EYES :eek: What in the world?! I thought I was crazy! Is this little chick an albino or something? Only one parent is silver, so I don’t think it’s double silver unless I’m missing something :confused: Very interesting! Nothing wrong with him other than the red eyes

Jail seems to have helped the fee chick with his big emotions… unsure of how long it’ll last :idunno

Also, one of these yellows is a little intriguing. I’ve always felt like his eyes looked a bit different from the other chicks, but thought I was just seeing things. He went in the light and I got this picture

View attachment 3603665
PINK EYES :eek: What in the world?! I thought I was crazy! Is this little chick an albino or something? Only one parent is silver, so I don’t think it’s double silver unless I’m missing something :confused: Very interesting! Nothing wrong with him other than the red eyes
Glad to hear that your chick is behaving. I'm guessing it's not in the picture above?

You also have what appears to be a real rarity. A healthy albino. You probably want to keep that one out of the sun and bright lights to preserve its vision for as long as you can. Albinos often go blind if they aren't already blind when they hatch.

Glad to hear that your chick is behaving. I'm guessing it's not in the picture above?

You also have what appears to be a real rarity. A healthy albino. You probably want to keep that one out of the sun and bright lights to preserve its vision for as long as you can. Albinos often go blind if they aren't already blind when they hatch.
Haha no he’s not in the pic above! He’s somewhere in this thread though.. little monster :p
Oh wow, how cool! Thanks for letting me know, I’ll have to figure something out for him when he’s older. I was going to stick him outside like everyone else, but now I’m not so sure. Do you think he’d be alright if I made him a shaded pen outdoors with a few of his friends? Or should he be an indoor bird? He still seems to have pretty decent vision, and I’d like to keep it that way. :D

Haha no he’s not in the pic above! He’s somewhere in this thread though.. little monster :p
Oh wow, how cool! Thanks for letting me know, I’ll have to figure something out for him when he’s older. I was going to stick him outside like everyone else, but now I’m not so sure. Do you think he’d be alright if I made him a shaded pen outdoors with a few of his friends? Or should he be an indoor bird? He still seems to have pretty decent vision, and I’d like to keep it that way. :D
I've never had an albino that I didn't have to cull. Personally, I would try the shady outdoor pen, but make sure that it doesn't get direct light. I also wouldn't breed it.

Good luck, and let us know how it fares.

Back
Top Bottom