Coturnix Quail

TerrasCritters

In a new coop
12 Years
Oct 24, 2007
I have a mess of these Coturnix quail and would like to get rid of some ASAP. I cant tell the males from the females though, I have 6 identified males and females from earlier in the summer hwne I was able to check the vents of the males for the buldge and the foam, and theyre crowing.

But now, even those males I banded dont have the buldge, no one does, the day light hours are slim and its chilly outside. I have a lamp on in there little house at night, but I dont think it does much in the way of giving them more light hours for breeding.

I have Tuxedo, and some I used to call Pharoah but they are not they all have the black flecks on the chest and they are must be another color I cant remember the name of it.

Anyway, I know I have one Pharoah male, because its a nice tan chest and no black flecks.

Since the vent foam issue is not working for me right now is there another way? No one is crowing, doenst appear to be mating.

Thanks for any help!

also interested.
smile.png
cool.png

Ok so I have 3 for sure males to get rid of. Shipping can get difficult but if your willing to buy and send me the box and pay for the shipping to you, you can have them $7.00 each.

Or pick up locally.

Back
Top Bottom