Coturnix quails

Duckstail

Songster
Apr 17, 2018
First of all happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this!!

I currently have some ducks and chicks and want to get into the quail world. Only for their eggs tho. Looks like I'm looking for a Coturnix. However I'm having a hard time finding them in stock. I live in New Jersey and would like to go pick them up to avoid shipping.

I don't really want to hatch the eggs either. Anybody got some dealers or know anybody I can pick up 50-100 ?

Thanks!

If you search old threads for "hatcheries" I bet you'll find some. I hear James Marie Farms mention here frequently. Also, eBay typically has sales of 100+ eggs, but depending on origin that might run into your shipping issue.

I prefer day-old chicks and it seems like all these hatcheries who sell quail eggs and day-old chicks dont sell the coturnix..

Looking for NE hatcherys to pick up!

I would try checking your local Craigslist. I am in CA so no clue what is near you specifically. You might also try to find the New Jersey thread here on Backyard Chickens and post there to see if someone knows a breeder, or maybe someone nearby who would be willing to hatch eggs for you.

Another option is to have them shipped to you, but a lot of places won't ship day old quail chicks because they don't do well shipped and there are usually higher losses. I have seen them listed on Cackle Hatchery's website. https://www.cacklehatchery.com/pharaoh-coturnix-quail.html

Any luck finding Coturnix Qualis in New Jersey? My brother lives in North NJ and i'm looking to send my nephews about 3 or 4 Qualis as pets. If you found a source please let me know. Thank You.

Any luck finding Coturnix Qualis in New Jersey? My brother lives in North NJ and i'm looking to send my nephews about 3 or 4 Qualis as pets. If you found a source please let me know. Thank You.
This thread is over two years old. I doubt you'll get much response.

Back
Top Bottom