Coughing chicken

Reese1611

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2023
I have 2 chickens, since getting them one of them would sneeze regularly which then progressed to a cough, she doesnt have any discharge from her eyes or nose, I'm not sure whether to try treat her for a respiratory infection or gapeworm,
She is still eating and drinking but has always been alot smaller than the other chicken and has now got 2 bald patches on her neck.
Their coop did have an infestation with tiny white mites that I've now treated, they wasnt the typical red mites and whatever they were covered me in bites, so not sure if they could be anything to do with what's making her Ill.
To be honest I'm not currently In a position to be able to afford a vets trip this month so wanted by advice I can get in the meantime if possible please

Hi and welcome to BYC. How old are your hens? Depending on their age, the bald patches on her neck could be because she is beginning to molt. As far as possible respiratory symptoms or gapeworm, how long have you had them, and where did you get them? Have you ever dewormed them? If so, when and what med did you use?

Hi and welcome to BYC. How old are your hens? Depending on their age, the bald patches on her neck could be because she is beginning to molt. As far as possible respiratory symptoms or gapeworm, how long have you had them, and where did you get them? Have you ever dewormed them? If so, when and what med did you use?
I dont know how old they are, she has had her bald patches for a good few weeks now so it doesn't seem like its molt, I've had them for around 3 or 4 months and got them off of an ad on Facebook marketplace, I haven't de-wormed them but do give them apple cider vinegar in their water

Hi I've been using vetrx for the last 3 days now and she shows no sign of improvement, I also noticed she now isnt eating, and the other chicken is bullying her and stopping her eating plus pulling her feathers out, so decided to try gapeworm treatment but the place I've just ordered it from is saying I need a prescription to get it, I dont suppose u know of anywhere I can get flubenvet or flubendazole without prescription please?

Back
Top Bottom