Could "she" be a roo? Partridge Rock

WinterLadyAK

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
Palmer, Alaska
I have two Partridge Plymouth Rock pullets from McMurray. I guess there is always a chance that a pullet is really a roo. She hasn't showed any roo-like behavior, but her comb and wattles are just SO much more developed than anyone else's. The photo below is the only one (blurry) that I have that really compares her to the other Partridge rock, that was at about 9 weeks I think. You can't really tell the size difference, but she's much bigger too. She does not seem to eat more food than the other ones, actually both Partridge Rocks usually are the last to be curious in snacks.

She's almost ten weeks old in this photo. Is she just developing quickly? She started getting her comb noticeably at around 3 weeks, when nobody else (of the other 14) had any sign of one.

Thanks for any guesses/advice!

Thanks for the replies. Not what I was hoping to hear but it's good to know. It's funny because this one was nicknamed "a$$hole" by my husband because when he was a chick he was such a bully, but he had become so calm. Also my husband isn't really keen on calling the chickens by their given names, but he's coming around as they're behaving more lady-like.

fuzziecreatures: I don't think it is common and you shouldn't worry. I've heard there is a 99.9% chance or something that they sexed the pullet right, so every once in a while...

x5. I have mcmurray partridge rocks, and that's a boy. Mine ended up very aggressive and had to go, but he was always very skittish right from the beginning. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Back
Top Bottom