Could you post pictures of your chicks with their colors identified?

ya.gif

I love this thread! Did you know at the time that those pied chicks were pied? Can you tell the difference between pied and not when they are young? I don't see much white!

I love this thread! Did you know at the time that those pied chicks were pied? Can you tell the difference between pied and not when they are young? I don't see much white!

That's because they are dark pied, not pied. Dark pied birds have white flights and white throats. They are sort of the opposite of what people call "loud pied" which I believe is a pied bird with a lot of white but are not silver pied (no white eye gene I think). You can definitely tell the difference between a pied and a regular IB at any age.

Is there another source for color ID of peachicks? These pics are great! I need more......haha. I am reading, searching, reading, searching, for clues on my 3 peachicks. My camera is broken & I am pretty sure 1 is a blue hen - 1 is a black shoulder - and 1 is a caramel color with silver and brown stripes in the pattern of a regular blue. They are only 2 weeks.

Spalding silver pied white on left and spalding silver pied on right (both low percent spalding but their Daddy certainly had the Green genes in him I saw him in person when buying the eggs and he was STUNNING).

Back
Top Bottom